Popular, posts, hot topics, most read, Updates, Casey, Blog, blog roll, news, personal, details
Special Needs, Medical, Parenting, Complex, Chronic, Tools, Resources, Support
There have been a few post over the years that seem to get a lot more traffic than our typical updates. Below we have summarized these post and made them quick and easy to find.
- Between The Lines
A parent’s take on life with a child that has special needs. How we decide what to share, what not to share, and how we build the content for this page.
- Mobile Imaging
Details on how to get a mobile image done at home. This is great if your child is at risk and you need to avoid a germy ER during flu season.
- Supplemental Needs Trust
Details on how to go about setting up a special needs (supplemental needs) trust in order to protect your child with special needs in the future. Based on our experience.
Details on how to get Texas Medicaid Waivers. Our experience, some useful tips, numbers, etc.
- Little Room
Pictures and details on Dr. Lilli Nielsen’s “Little Room”. An easy to use tool for children with CVI
- Farrell Feeding Bags
Pictures and details on how to use Farrell Feeding Bags is hard to come by. Here we have pictures and details on how they work.
- Stem Cells
Our trip to Mexico for stem cells. We include pictures and details of the trip and procedure.
- Hyperbaric Treatment
Details about how and why we chose HBOT, as well as some background on the center.
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
Overview of Casey’s primary diagnosis, symptoms, treatments and much more.
In addition to our own content/blog, Marty also contributes to many other blogs for kids with special needs. Here are some links to some of the articles/blogs that she has written.
- Deeper Than the Diagnosis – Sheridan Johnson
- Faith, Religion, Spirituality – Complex Child Magazine
- How to talk to a SN parent – Papa’s of Preemies
- Missing Milestone – Preemie Babies 101
- Thanking Our Village – Preemie Babies 101
- School, but My Child is Only 3?! – Preemie Babies 101
- Breastfeeding…2.0? – Preemie Babies 101
- Getting Out and About with Your Special Needs Child – Preemie Babies 101
- Feeding Tube or Diet Fad? – Preemie Babies 101
- Marty and Tim Barnes and Their Daughter Casey – Hand to Hold
- Texas Parent to Parent Newsletter (page 7)