So the ARD on Wednesday went. It was not good, nor bad, it just went. We are not at a point that I can say we have resolution yet. The district is setting up a medical evaluation with their head nurse as well as some of Casey’s doctors and therapists. This will tell the district in more detail just how medically fragile Casey is.
While we are waiting on them to set up and complete the eval they have asked us to check out a few schools in the district. They have a couple of campuses that they use for their more involved kids. I don’t know if it is really medically fragile or not though. I agreed to go check them out with an open mind. I am hoping Tim can go with me since it will be over lunch. We will just have to see how his meetings look that day.
Instead of keeping Casey in a holding state, they did go ahead and resume homebound services. She started on Friday afternoon with PT and the rest will start this week. I hope to have this all resolved by the end of September. I have no idea if that is a realistic hope or not. I guess I will find out soon.
Last weekend I noticed Casey had some drainage out of her left ear. We took her in to see her ENT on Tuesday. Sure enough, she has an ear infection. That poor ear. It is the one with the cholesteoma, the wound and now the infection. She has been getting drops since Tuesday. It seems to be a little better. We will take her back in next week to get it rechecked.
We added a new section to the site Downloads. There is a full description on the page so I won’t go into details here. If you are interested, check it out.
That’s about it for now. Casey has a busy week adjusting to her additional home services. As always, have a great week!