Houston and more

Casey had a hard week last week. She wasn’t feeling well off and on for most of the week. We had to cancel a lot of her therapies. She seemed to be a little better on Friday so we kept our ortho appointment in Houston.

We had a pretty good trip out. Casey did really well. We got to the clinic a little early and my mom (Cappy) met us there. We were able to hang out a little while we waited. They were pretty much on schedule which was nice. We met with the doctor and he didn’t have much to say. He was nice, but he seemed a little disconnected. I don’t really even know how to explain it. He listened to what we had to say and he seemed to be knowledgeable. It just seemed like he was somewhere else.

He wants to see Casey every 6 months, unless something else comes up. I think between now and the next appointment we are going to try out some of the Austin orthos. It was just hard to justify driving all that way for a doctor that we just weren’t crazy about. We had such high expectations too. The LA ortho that suggested him we loved so much and I think we wanted someone that was going to be just like him. I don’t really know what else I can say. It was nice to visit with my mom, but I just don’t think it was worth the drive.

Casey had had enough of the car by the time we headed back home. She cried most of the way back to Austin. It made for a VERY long day. After we got her situated back home she crashed and slept for about 12 hours straight. She was wiped out.

She seemed better on Saturday, but she was pretty fussy and worked up again on Sunday. Tim was presenting to a group of my grandparents friends at their church on Monday. We had hoped to all go, but we decided to keep Casey home since she had such a hard week. Tim went and had a nice time. He was talking to the group about his job and travels to India. Afterward he had lunch with my grandparents and uncle then came back home.

I had to do all my labs today for tomorrows surgery. I had to finish all of my chores around the house too. I am not sure how long it will be before I am back to being able to get stuff done. With Casey’s party coming up there is so much to do. I think I got enough done to feel good about things. Poor Tim will have his hands full for the next few weeks. Hopefully I will not be down long.

We have ordered the cake and some decorations for the party. We are doing a ‘Horton Hears a Who’ party this year. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Tim will post something tomorrow when I am out of surgery. My procedure is scheduled for 10:15, so he should hear something by lunch. Depending on how busy he is with Casey he may be able to post by mid afternoon. I am a little sad, but I know it just has to be done.

This entry was posted in Casey.